Acting in accordance with state policies on industries and the economic development plan of the autonomous region, the government of the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region encourages foreign businessmen to invest in the following fields:
(1) Hi-tech industry whose development is encouraged by state and the autonomous region as well as funds, advanced technology and equipment provided for such infrastructures as energy, transportation, and communications and the production of raw materials.
(2) Funds, advanced technology, and equipment for the development of metallurgy, chemicals, machinery, building materials, and agricultural- and by-product processing, and other pillar industries.
(3) Technical transformations of the existing large and medium-size industrial enterprises to up-grade product quality, reduce production cost, expand product export, and raise the economic results of the enterprises.
(4) Hi-tech enterprises established in the Yinchuan Hi-tech Development Zone to produce value-added products for export.
(5) Projects to develop agricultural resources, crop and plant cultivation, fish breeding, poultry raising, and agricultural- and by-product processing.
(6) Energy-saving technology, technology for resource regeneration and comprehensive utilization, projects and technology of environmental pollution control, and construction of urban basic facilities.
(7) The development of tourism, catering, and information consultation industries.